North Vancouver, BC
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Province: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Position: Financial Aid & Awards Officer
Deadline: November 5, 2019
Posted: October 23, 2019
Job Description / Duties
- Serves as one of four, front line financial aid and award officers.
- Serves as a member of CASFAA (Canadian Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators).
- Assists students in applying for government aid & awards.
- Serves as a liaison between students and government-sponsored student aid offices.
- Sends enrolment withdrawal reports to provincial and federal loan agencies.
- Handles numerous requests for information & form completion for students, as they relate to their financial aid arrangements.
- Completes reports generated by on-campus key stakeholders, requesting and authorizing refunds to students who are award & loan recipients.
- Orders applications, pamphlets, reference guides, and various forms for students.
- Responds to general email inquiries on the awards email address.
- Participates in Financial Aid & Awards information sessions throughout the year and assists with Enrolment Services events.
- Mentors students on award eligibility for both internal and external awards.
- Receives and disburses various internal and external cheque payments.
- Confirms student enrolment for loan and award agencies.
- Monitors and maintains outside award files.
- Distributes and accepts award applications and assists in creating databases for tracking the receipt of applications..
- Provides regular maintenance and support for the office's website. Updates and amends pertinent information, downloadable forms, links to internal and external resources.
- Designs, creates, updates, and maintains all office correspondence, including manual forms, letters, posters, advertisements, databases, charts, and presentations.
- Works with the Awards Selection Coordinators when required.
- Provides technical and administrative support for the office, including running regular government student aid electronic confirmation of enrolment reports.
- Performs basic office duties and other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Completion of a formal training program in a related discipline from a recognized institute is required.
• Post-secondary education preferred.
• Three years of directly-related experience in a fast paced, student-centered, environment required; frontline experience required.
• Experience working with students that are experiencing financial distress.
• Experience working with government student aid, and post-secondary awards programs required.
• Broad and detailed knowledge of government student aid programs in Canada, particularly Manitoba, required.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/default.aspx
Salary: $42,242 - $53,362 annually (35 hr/wk)
Ms. Olga Kuznetsova
At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees.
Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the seventh consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
• Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
• Competitive vacation time.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program.
• A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
• Access to the university’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.