North Vancouver, BC
CASFAA Award for An Outstanding New Professional
The CASFAA Award for an Outstanding New Professional has been developed in memory of Phyllis Bosnick (1951-2017). Phyllis was involved provincially with the Ontario Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (OASFAA) from 1999-2011 as Chair, Past-Chair, COU Representative and Communications Sub-Committee. Nationally, Phyllis represented CASFAA for many years as Ontario Regional Representative, Member-at-Large Universities, Vice President (Executive) and serving as Association President in 2013/2014.
Initiated in 2019, the award will acknowledge outstanding service of a new professional in the realm of student financial assistance and awards. The presentation of the Award is made at the annual CASFAA Conference.
- Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Association for Student Financial Assistance (CASFAA);
- Be in the profession of student financial assistance and awards for 5 years or less;
- Demonstrate outstanding practice at the local, provincial, national or international level. This may include direct service, representation on behalf of the profession, advocacy, social policy, social development, education or research;
- Demonstrate passion and skill in the field, such as motivating and engaging students, providing leadership, etc.;
- Demonstrate professional growth such as maintaining professional memberships and certifications, attending workshops and conferences, applying for grants.
- Nominations shall be in writing and include a nominator and seconder.
- A letter of support is required for each nomination, explaining the support for this nomination and outlining achievements and contributions to the profession of student financial assistance and awards.
- The final decision regarding the selection of persons deserving of the Award is at the discretion of the Award of Merit Committee chaired by the Past President.
- The Award is based on merit and, therefore, may not be presented every year.
- The Chair of the Awards Committee must report to the Executive Committee each year even if no nominations are made in a given year.
- A CASFAA Committee, chaired by the Past President will review all applications and make its recommendations to the CASFAA Board.
- All decisions will be final.