North Vancouver, BC
CASFAA Award for An Outstanding New Professional
The CASFAA Award for an Outstanding New Professional has been developed in memory of Phyllis Bosnick (1951-2017). Phyllis was involved provincially with the Ontario Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (OASFAA) from 1999-2011 as Chair, Past-Chair, COU Representative and Communications Sub-Committee. Nationally, Phyllis represented CASFAA for many years as Ontario Regional Representative, Member-at-Large Universities, Vice President (Executive) and serving as Association President in 2013/2014.
Initiated in 2019, the award will acknowledge outstanding service of a new professional in the realm of student financial assistance and awards. The presentation of the Award is made at the annual CASFAA Conference.
- Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Association for Student Financial Assistance (CASFAA) during the award reference period as well as at the time of nomination;
- Be in the profession of student financial assistance and awards for 5 years or less;
- Demonstrate outstanding practice at the local, provincial, national or international level. This may include direct service, representation on behalf of the profession, advocacy, social policy, social development, education or research;
- Demonstrate passion and skill in the field, such as motivating and engaging students, providing leadership, etc.;
- Demonstrate professional growth such as maintaining professional memberships and certifications, attending workshops and conferences, applying for grants.
- Nominations shall be in writing and include a nominator and seconder, both of whom are CASFAA members in good standing at the time of nomination. While not mandatory, it is strongly encouraged that at least one nominator is from a different member institution than the nominee.
- A letter of support is required for each nomination, explaining the support for this nomination and outlining achievements and contributions to the profession of student financial assistance and awards.
- The final decision regarding the selection of persons deserving of the Award is at the discretion of the Award of Merit Committee chaired by the Past President.
- The Award is based on merit and, therefore, may not be presented every year.
- The Chair of the Awards Committee must report to the Executive Committee each year even if no nominations are made in a given year.
- A CASFAA Committee, chaired by the Past President will review all applications and make its recommendations to the CASFAA Board.
- All decisions will be final.