North Vancouver, BC
CASFAA Award of Merit
Initiated in 2011, the Award of Merit is the highest honor the Association gives to one of its members. The presentation of the Award is made at the annual CASFAA Conference.
The Award of Merit is in recognition of:
• Significant achievement and distinguished contribution to the development and promotion of Student Financial Assistance across Canada, and
• Active participation within the Association itself. Active participation is defined as a long-standing attendance at annual CASFAA conferences, facilitating workshops, giving presentations and/or serving on the CASFAA Executive.
1. Nominations shall be in writing and include a nominator and seconder.
2. A letter of support is required for each nomination, explaining the support for this nomination and outlining achievements and contributions to Student Financial Assistance.
3. The final decision regarding the selection of persons deserving of the Award is at the discretion of the Award of Merit Committee chaired by the past president.
4. The Award is based on merit and, therefore, may not be presented every year.
5. The Chair of the Awards Committee must report to the Executive Committee each year even if no nominations are made in a given year.